Thursday, June 07, 2007

What Is Practice Like?

Lulu: I have signed my 6 children up for the swim team. I have no idea what to do. What is practice like and can you give me a feeling of peace with the decision I have made?

Answerman: Welcome Lulu, you have come to the right sport! Swimming is an aggressive, gut wrenching sport full of trauma, drama, and lots of trips to the emergency room.
Just kidding. We in the swimming world are the happiest of people. You do not see fights in the stands or debris hurled at the officials. You may get jostled in the concession stand line when the price of pizza drops at the end of the meet, but other than that swimming families are well adjusted folks bursting with inner tranquility. For a discussion of what practice is like, go to the May 29, 2006 blog in the archives or just scroll on down toward the bottom until you happen upon it.

LuLu: Thanks ever so much! I can't wait to volunteer for every meet and drink in the joy that surrounds this sport.

Answerman: Bless you my child; if only every parent had your saintly attitude toward helping out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home